I don’t want to get political on here, but after dealing with my family, I feel like I need to tell you why Joe Biden isn’t going to be as bad as you think.
- You’re going to get your tax deductions back. Oh I’ve heard this a thousand times, “Trump lowered taxes!” No. He. Did. Not. Just because your take-home pay was larger doesn’t mean your taxes went down! If you lose tax deductions, your taxes went up. Guess what happened to me? I lost nearly all my tax deductions! The only reason why I didn’t owe the IRS money the last 3 years was because of my student loan interest. And since student loan interest has been suspended for the majority of 2020, I suspect I may have to owe the tax man this year. I am hoping that getting married and it being retroactive back to the beginning of the year will help but I’m not counting on it.
- If you make less than $400,000 per year, you won’t see a tax increase. I don’t know why we coddle the rich – and the rich just hoard money anyways. Every time a Republican says “I’m lowering taxes so that business owners will be able to reinvest” is a farce. They don’t give two shits about anyone under them and so they hoard the money. They don’t spend it.
- COVID needs a real leader at the helm. Sorry, but Mike Pence’s “we’ve tried nothing and we’re all out of ideas” is a pathetic excuse. All Trump & Co has done is cause “COVID-fatigue”. That is, because they’ve stopped caring, the country as a whole has stopped caring, an as such is why we’re surpassing 100k new infections daily and well over 1,000 deaths per day. Wear a fucking mask – you do it for Halloween, you do it in the winter, you can do it to prevent the spread of COVID.
- He can actually talk in complete and coherent thoughts. I know, this seems radical. But after listening and reading spilled alphabet soup on a highway, it is music to my ears to listen to someone complete a sentence.
- No you’re not “losing freedoms”. This one also gets me. For eight years I heard that “Obama is going to take muh guns!” and to this day, you can still buy guns. You can still own them. You can’t own a nuke, but I don’t hear people complaining about that (it is an “arm” after all).
Oh, and, since I heard it in November 2016, President-Elect Biden is your president. Deal with it.